1. HOLY CROSS CHURCH
2. HOLY FAMILY CHURCH
3. CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF LOURDES
4. NIRMOLA HRIDOY GIRJA
5. MARY IMMACULATE CHURCH
6. SHANTIRANI GIRJA
7. RUPANTOR COMMUNITY CENTRE
8. ST.FRANCIS XAVIER’S CHURCH
9. ST.JOSEPH’S CHURCH
10. ST.JOSEPH’S PARISH
11. ST. PATRICK’S CHURCH
HOLY CROSS CHURCH
Thakurnagar Catholic Church,
P.O. Thakurnagar, 24 Parganas (N) – 743287
Mr P.R. Thakur ex- Member of Parliament is the founder of Thakurnagar Village, hence the name Thakurnagar. Thakurngar was under the jurisdiction of Ranaghat Parish together with Bongaon and Pathuria. In 1955 a chapel was built and blessed by Bishop Morrow. In 1963 it came under Bongaon Parish which was separated from Ranaghat. In 1966 Thakurnagar was erected as a parish and a new larger church was built. It has four sub stations; Bistupur, Jaudanga Mondolpara and Singidanga. In 1991, the parish was handed over to the Diocesan Clergy. The Sisters of Providence came to Thakurnagar in 1972. in 2001, a new church was built over the existing church.
Sisters of Providence
Don Bosco Primary School.
HOLY FAMILY CHURCH, Kestopur
Kestopur, Tarulia, P.O. Krishnapur, Kolkata- 700 102
In March 1892 Father Deprins of Rghabpur visited Kestopur at the request of some people. A little chapel was built in August 1892. in 1905 this substation was looked after from St. Teresa’s attached to Morapai in 1909, then to Sared Heart Parish in 1911, later visited from Dum Dum in 1912, then Sacred Heart parish again St. Teresa’s and Dum Dum, then from St. Xavier’s College, while remaining a part of Dum Dum parish. In 1998 a new church was built. A new priests residence and a school was also constructed in 2000, the parish was erected and entrusted to the OFM ( Cap). Sub Stn: Salt Lake
Queen of Mission School, Salt Lake
Sector III, 260/A HB Block Kol- 700106
Mothers Guide, CLC, Krusbeer.
CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF LOURDES, Barasat
37/2, Jessore Road ( S) P.O. Hridaypur, Barasat, Kolkata- 700-127
The Genesis of the Catholic Community of Barasat goes back to the early 1970. when Fr. Alphonsus D’Souza S.J. of Morning Star College initiated a weekly gathering of the migrant tribal Catholics of Chota Nagpur scattered all over the numerous Brick fields of this area for the Sunday Eucharist which used to take place in the courtyard of some private Homes. Gradually a community Hall was built and blessed on July 19, 1981, In 1992 the present presbytery was built and a resident priest began to look after this Quasi Parish under the name of Nishkalanka Mari Kendra. On March 24, 2000, Archbishop Henry D’Souza blessed the new church built on top of the existing community Hall ,which eventually paved the way for Archbishop Lucas Sirkar sdb to raise this Community into a parish on August 13, 2003, dedicating it to Our Lady of Lourdes.
Adoration Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
St.Ann’s Home for the Aged
Sungmura, Barasat, Kolkata- 700 124
Arunodoy, Jesuit Pre- Novitiate
Srikrishnapur, Barasat, Kolkata- 700 124
Taki Road, Barasat Kolkata- 700 124
Srikrishnapur, Barasat, Kolkata- 700 124
Srikrishnapur, Barasat, Kol- 700 124
Daughters of the Cross Novitiate
Barasat , Kolkata- 700 124
Daughters of Charity
St. Vincent’s Health Centre
Barasat Kolkata- 700 124
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
37/2, Jessore Road, P.O. Hridaypur, Kolkata- 700 127
Sungmura, Barasat, Kolkata- 700 124
M.C.Sisters, Nirmala Kennedy Centre
P.O. Michael Nagar, Green Park, Kolkata- 700 133
Our Lady of the Missions ( RNDM)
Nava Jeevan Convent, Srikrishnapur , P.O. Badu, Kolkata 700 128
P.O. Senpukur North Kolkata- 700124
Sisters of Charity
OASIS Capitanio, P.O. East Udayrajpur, Kolkata- 700 129
Sisters of Charity
OASIS Gerosa, P.O. East Udayrajpur, Kolkata – 700 129
St. John Vianney Minor Seminary
Sungmura, Barasat Kolkata- 700 124
Providence Home (for Street Children)
Seva Kendra Kolkata Extension, Barasat
Self Helf Groups, Providence Home ( Street Children). P.O Easr Udayrajpur Kolkata- 700 129
C.L.C., Legion of Mary & Altar Boys
NIRMOLA HRIDOY GIRJA, Monsada
Monsada, P.O. Ganrapota, 24 Parganas (N)- 743 251
( 03215) 262234
In the year 1960, a few adivasi Villagers of Monsada, Bockakalli and Ranihati wrote a petition to the parish priest of Bongaon for his assistance especially in the field of education. Following this request , Fr. George Alakulam visited the area and held several meetings with the villagers. A small mud wall school was built and classes were conducted in 1975 , a small boarding was opened at Monsada to educate the tribal children It had to be closed due to some opened in rented tileshed in the same year His Eminence Cardinal Picachy, s.j. granted the salesians permission to open an institution. This was blessed in 1987. today Monsadah caters to the need s of the tribal children spread over several parishes such as Ranaghat, krishnagar, Kalyani, Bongaon Mariapoli and Barrackpore, Monsadah was erected in to a parish in 1989 with Fr. C.J. Sebastian as its first Parish Priest. A new church built by him and dedicated to the immaculate Heart of Mary was blessed by Most Rev. Henry D’Souza on 4th February 1993. Sub.Stn. Nilabas, Puthuria Jogodispur, Koniara, sundra, Jiala, Kuladharpur, Tangra, Amdob, Hamkura.
Salesian Sisters ( FMA)
Mazzarello Home Monsada- 743251, 24-Pgs, (N)
C/o St. Albert’s Church, Monsada- 743 251
St. Albert’s Home ( boarding)
Monsada, P.O. Ganrapota- 743 251
Mazzarello Home (boarding)
Krishnachandrapur P.O. ,(N) 24 Parganas- 743 251
Rainbow ( Don Bosco) School
Dispensary, Sishu Bhavan
Children of Mary, Sodality for Girls, Confraternity of Mary Help of Christians, for women, C.L.C.
MARY IMMACULATE CHURCH
Kanchrapara, Choto Jonepur, Kataganj, 24 Parganas (N) – 741 250
Prior to 1968 ,the Catholic Community at Kanchrapara was looked after by the Father from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata and St. John’s Church, Sealdah. Since June 1968, the Fathers from Morning Star College have been catering to the spiritual needs of this community, although it continued to remain a sub- station of Barrackpore Parish. The present Church was built and blessed on December 8, 1987. since January 15, 1991, it has been made a quasi parish with a priest in charge who resides at Morning Star College Barrackpore, at present serve3s the Catholics of Kanchrapara, Naihati Halisahar and Roy Gate, and also the military personnel of the area.
Rel.Inst. M.C.Brothers, Roy Gate, P.O. Palashy, 24-Parganas(N) 2567-6102
Soc.Act. Gandhiji Prem Nivas Leprosy Clinic & rehabilitation Centre, Familia: An orphanage and a Home for the Aged, 2587-2110
SHANTIRANI GIRJA, BAMANDANGA
Sahab Bari, Bamandanga, P.O. Kamdebkati 03216-241053 Dist-24 Parganas (N) – 743 438
Started in 1957 when Jesuits fathers began to cater to the spiritual and temporal needs of this migrant community from Bangladesh. The Convent of the Daughters of St. Anne was started in 1971. Kolkata Diocesa fathers from Morning Star Regional seminary took care of this Community from 1981 till May 1994, Guma church was also part of Bamandanga Community till it became an independent Church. The niw church and the presbytery were blessed on December 23, 1994. A large portion of the old presbytery was converted into a hostel for girls, called Emily House on 12th March 1996. the new primary school was started on 9th November 1998 with the help of Schema Foundation from Belgium. Shanti Rani Girja was erected into a parish on 9th December 2000 with Fr. Siluvai Pitchai as its first Parish Priest. The new Henry House Hostel was inaugurated on 2nd February 2002 with help from the Schillebeekxz family, Belgium.
Daughter of St. Anne
St. Anne’s Primary School
Henry House Hostel 03216-241053 Emily House 03216-241308
S.V.P.,C.L.C. Mothers, Shanti Rani Sangha, Youth Cell (ICYM), Khudra Pushpa Sangha
RUPANTOR COMMUNITY CENTRE, Barrackpore
C/o. Morning Star Regional Seminary, Barrackpore P.O. ( N) 24 Parganas-700 120
Ever since the inception of Morning Star Regional Seminary in 1968 a few Catholic domestic staff and their families were attending Mass on Sundays in the seminary chapel.
Later a few others began settling down in the area and Fr. Schillebeeckx, S.J. used to look after them till 1992. in 1994 the Catholic families were about 25 ; hence Archbishop Henry D’Souza gave the status of a quasi parish to this community development was inaugurated in October 1997 and the priests residence was completed in June 1998.
ST.FRANCIS XAVIER’S CHURCH, Guma
Catholic Church Christian Para,
P.O. Guma 03216-227858 24-Parganas(N) 743 704
Established as a mission station in 1974. the new chapel was blessed in December 1975. Caters also for the Catholics in Ashoknagar. From 1997, it has become an independent Mission Station looked after from MSC, Barracpore. St. Francis Xavier Church was built and inaugurated on 30th November, 2003.
Ursuline Franciscan Sisters
Shanti Dham, Sukanta Palli, 03216-227237 P.O. Guma North 24 Parganas 743704
St. Francis School, run by Ursuline Franciscan Sisters
St. Francis Boarding
Prayer Groups S.V.P.C L C, B.C.C. C.A. B. Sebak Samiti, Legion of Mary , I.D.P. Programme.
JOSEPH’S CHURCH, Barrackpore
60A Barrackpore Road, Barrackpore-700 120, West Bengal
Church was built in 1856 for the military personnel in the cantonment. At present it serves for military personnel and people from and indrastrial establishments spread over Barrackpore sub-division. The Sacred Heart Church, Kowgachi was built in 1982 and St.John’sChurch , Agarpara was built in 1983.The presbytery was extended with 4 rooms 1st floor in 1991. Sub-Stn. Agarpara, Kowgachi
Rel.Inst. Morning Star Regional Seminary, Barrackpore-700 120
Claretian Fathers, Barrackpore 700 120
69, M. M. Rd.,Barrackpore-700 120
49, Middle Road, Barrackpore-700 120 2592-9488
St.Anne’s Novitiate, DSA
Sisters of Providence,
Sisters of Providence, Provincialate
Anajali, A.C. Novitiate
Daughters of Imm. H.of Mary
Claret School, Bkp. 2535-1059
Legion of Mary (Bengali & Hindi)
Bongaon Catholic Church
Choyghoria,P.O.Bongaon, 24 Pgns.(N)-743 235
Started in the year 1964. In 1975 it was separated from the Diocese of Krishnagar and attached to the Archdiocese of Kolkata. On 8th May, 1976 it was entrusted to the Salesians for a period of 30 years. A new church was built by Fr. Thomas Peechat SDB and blessed on 4th November 1990.
Rel.Inst. Apostolic Carmel Convent
Choyghoria, Bangaon- 743235
Apostalic Carmel Convent Hostel (Girls)
St. Joseph’s Hostel (Boys).
Primary School and Boarding, Bangaon
ST. PATRICK’S CHURCH, Dum Dum
Mangal Pandey Road, Dum Dum Cantt Kolkata- 700 028
Church built in 1823, partly with the help of Irish Fusiliers, partly by contribution from Kolkata Catholics led by Mr. Joseph Baretto; initially intended for Irish soldiers stationed at Dum Dum with resident military chaplain. Now a full parish with resident priest since 1955, the priest was residing in the Sacristy for several decades. A presbytery was constructed by Msgr. Leander D’Costa, and was blessed on 17th March 1987.
0, P.K. Guha Rd, Kol- 28
103, Dum Dum Rd, Kol- 30
Missionary Brothers of Charity
16,H M.D.Rd Kol- 28
93/1 P.K. Guha Rd, Dum Dum Cantt, Kol- 28
Nirmala Kennedy Centre,
Green Park, Dum Dum.
S.M.I. Sisters Convent
50E, Dr. J. R. Dhar Rd, Kol – 28
5,Jessore Road, Kol – 28
Auxilium Convent School
10, P.K. Guha Rd, Kol – 700 028
St. Mary’s Orphanage & Day School,
Kolkata – 700 030 Lay Asso. S.V.P.Legion of Mary.