CHURCH OR ST. PAUL THE APOSTLE, Kamarchowki
Kamarchowki, P.O. Keshiary, Midnapore- 721133.
Pioneering work of evangelization was initiated by Frs. A. Verstraeten, Alfred D, Hondt and Richir while staying at Kharagpur in late thirties and early forties. Evangelization was geared up after the arrival of Fr. Premananda Singh who was posted as curate as Sacred Heart Church Kharagpur. His priestly zeal would not confine him to Kharagpur only but led him to keshiary, Sankrail, Gopiballavpur, Nayagram, Belda, Danton and Nayagram, blocks. He constantly kept in touch with the tribals of these areas . During his sojoum he stayed tempraily at Olda, Kearchand and Sindumudi. Eventually he settled down at Kamarchowki, with the completion of the Social Service Centre building in 1968. On 25th December 1976, this was erected into a Parish with Fr. Cyprian Monis as the first parish priest, in 1979 Kearchand was separated from Kamarchowki and in June, 1984 Nayagram and Gopiballavpur blocks were separated with Fr. Robert D’Souza as the priest in Charge residing at Baligeria. In 1974, Fr. Emst SJ had settled down at Chamrusai around 20 km, away from Kamarchowki, and on 31st December 1984 this portion was separated from Kamarchowki appointing Fr. DeCocq SJ. to look after the spiritual needs of the following villages Rangamatia, Chamrusai, Machua and Chotda. A new Church was built at Kamarchowki by Mgr. Joachim Osta and blessed on 26th January, 1991, in 2000, a further division of Salblni was made.
St. Anne’s Convent, P.O. Keshiary
Midnapore- 721 133
St. Paul’s Primary School
Keshiary Midnapore – 721 133
St. Paul’s Boarding (Boys), St. Anne’s Hostel (Girls), Dispensary.
HOLY CROSS CHURCH, Baligeria
Baligeria, Midnapore, Dt. W.B. – 721125
Fr. Premanada Singh started the mission. Fr. R. Robert D’ Souza went to reside here from 1st August 1984, Fr. Victor David took up the parish and served till 15th of May 95. during his term a rat proof godown was built for the purpose of keeping paddy under the peoples organization. B.C.C. communities emerged in the parish and some of them are active even now. On 22nd June 96 a community centre and hostel was blessed by Archbishop Henry D’ Souza. On the 5th May 98 Sisters of friends of Jesus from Sahebdanga began a house at Chandua. Medical work and various animation works are going on with the support of SKC. & Indienhilfe a donor from Germany.
Catholics: 1850 (300 Families)
Bhatbhanga, Kharikamathani Midnapore Dt., 721 125
Sisters of Friends of Jesus
Chandua, Dolgram, Midnapore- 721 125
Mariqan Women’s group.
T.B. General Dispensary, run by Basinda Sisters & MC Brothers Hostel for boys (Baligeria ) and girls (Chandua).
HOLY FAMILY CHURCH, Kearchand
Vill- Kearchand, P.O. Rambonia
Midnapore Dt. – 721 135
The oldest Santal Mission in the undivided District of Midnapore Fr. Knockert. Fr. Sapart in the yeard of 1885, initiated pioneering work of the Evangelization and later on the work was continued by Fr. A. Verstraetan, Fr. Altred D’ Hondt and Fr. Richir from Kharagpur in late thirties and fourties. Evangelisation work was geared up with the arrival of Fr. Premananda singh a diocesa priest who was posted as curate at Sacred Heart Church. Kharagpur in the year 1955. in 1956 he pitched his tent at Olda, a village 40 km away from Kharagpur. He constantly keptouch with the people of the villages of sankrail, Keshiary. Belda Dantan Nayagram and Gopiballavpur sub divisons Evantually he settled in Kearchand in a mud house where he invited DSA sisters for the pastoral assistance and started a hostel for the tribal children. He was shifted to Kamarchowki mission with the completion of the social centre there in 1968. in 1979 Kearchand mission was separated from Kamarchowki, MC Sisters came to serv4e the poorest of poor of the mission. A big community hall and a presbytery were built. The mission was given under the care of Claretians from 1st June 1992.
In 1998 the responsibility of the mission came back under the diocesan clergy in 1999 DSA sisters were invited to Keshiapata a sub station of Kearchand mission . property was acquired there, boundary wall and a community centre was built, a hostel for the girls was begun. In 2002 a new hostel building and a dining hall were built at Kearchand. In 2003 this oldest santal mission was raised to the status of a parish, Rangamatia sub station was added to the parish. In 2004 a community centre was built at a new sub station at Karmarmohuli. Sub.Stn Olda, Rangamatia, Keshiapata, Kamarmohuli
Missionaries of Charity, Kearchand
Daughters of St. Anne, Keshiapata
S.V.P. Monica Mohila Sangh, youth Movements
Soc Act. :
Dispensary, Shishu Bhavan, T.B. Hospital Holy Family Hostel for Boys at Kearchand, Little Flower Hostel for girls at Kesiapata.
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, Jhargram
Old Jhargram, Midnapore- Dt. 721 507
In 1852, mission work was started in Midnapore. 30 years later the Fathers came to reside in the Jhargram sub division at Jualbanga Fr. Emile Van Severin was the last resident priest at Jhargram until he moved to Kharagrpur in 1904. since then Jhargram was taken care of by priests from Kharagpur, at times from Sacred Heart Parish, at other times from St. Anthony’s parish in January 2001, Fr. Tapan khan was posted at Jhargram and started residing there.
St. Anne’s Convent ( D.S.A) Old Jhargram
Midnapore Dt. – 721 507
Holy Trinity School, P.O. Jhargram (W), Dt. Midnapore
Girls Hostel Jhargram; Boys Hostel, Jitusole.
IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY CHURCH, Midnapore
Nirmal Hriday Ashram, Midnapore- 721101.
The Mission was started in 1852 by Fr. Sapart, S.J. under the direction of Msgr. Can Heule. The bungalow chapel was a gift of Mr. Sina4es of the post and Telegraph Department. The chapel was blessed on the 12th April 1853. Since 1903. A new Church and Presbytery were built by Mgr. Joachim Osta and were blessed on 26th July, 1988. Sub stn: Bhangamora
Daughters of St. Anne, P.O. & Dist, Midnapore-721101 03222-274886
Nirmal Hriday Ashram Boys High School Midnapore 03222 275728
Nirmal Hriday Ashram Girl’s High School Midnapore 03222 263857
Nirmal Hriday pre- Basic School, Midnapore
Nirmal Hriday Urban Basic School Midnapore
S.V.P. CLC & Youth Croup
Boarding for boys and girls.
KRISTO JYOTI (JISU MARSAL JAHER), Basinda.
Via- Gopiballavpur, Dt. Midnapore-71506
(Fr. Peppin 09433315737)
Land was purchased in Basinda in 1991, Fr. Robert R. D’ Souza began the station there in September, 1992. The pastoral care was done from Baligeria. Land was purchased at Kamalasole in 1997 and the boys boarding was transferred there. The Sisters of St. Joseph of the Apparition came in 1996. A hostel for girls and convent were built.
Catholics: 50 Families
Srs. Of St. Joseph of the apparition Basinda 09437145427
Jisur Marsal Jaher Hostel Kamlasole and Kristo Jyoti Hostel, Basinda Boarding for Santal Children.
ST.IGNATIUS’ CHURCH, Chamrusai.
P.O. Demouli, Gorabandachatti
Via Salua- 721 145, Midnapore Dt.
Started in 1973 by Fr. A. Emst S. J.
M. C. Brothers, Porapara.P.O. salua, Midnapore Dt. 03222-296855
Premananda Ashram K.G.& Primary School.
Boarding and Dispesary M.C. Leprosy Centre.
SACRED HEART CHURCH, Kharagpur
6th Avenue, S.E. Rly., Kharagpur- 721301
In the year 1887 BNR planned to join Nagpur and Howrah, Kharagpur received its importance because Bombay and Madras Rlys were connected to Howrah through Kharagpur. In 1898 there were 15 catholic families in Kharagpur. Their spiritual needs were looked after by priests from Jhargram, the last among whom was Fr. Emile Van Severin s.j. From 1901 Fathers from St. Xavie’s Kolkata cisited Kharagpur every Sunday and looked after the Catholics, Fr, Peter Hipp built the first presbytery at Jhpatapur and inaugurated it on 21st December 1901. A provisional chapel was built next to the presbytery by 1903. Fr. Adam Maurice was the first resident priest of Kharagpur in 1903 later on joined by the pioneer Fr. Van Severen. The present Church was blessed and dedicated to the Sacred Heart on 24th March, 1918, St. Agnes School for girls began in 1951. the Sacred Heart School was started in 1966.
St. Mary’s Convent, 6th Avenue, Kharagpur- 721301 03222-255410
Servites Sisters, Jholi, Kharagpur 03222-259110
M.C. Brothers, Kaushalya, Kharagpur-721301 03222-257029
Ashrita. A.C. Convent, Kharagpur 03222-256990
Navajyoti Sadan, Sonamukhi, Hijli- P.O. KGP- 72106 03222-256331
Sacred Heart School 6th Ave, Kharagpur – 721301 03222-255606/256266
Servite English School, Jholi, Kharagpur 03222-256658
St. Agnes School 6th Avenue, Kharagpur – 721 301 03222-255410
St. Agnes Brach School, Hijli, Kharagpur
S.V.P., Parish Council, Legion of Mary, AICUF. Parish youth cell and Mohila Mondol.
St. Aloysius Orphanage Boarding. Jholi, Kharagpur . 03222-258231 Servites Dispensary , Sonamukhi , Kharagpur.
CHURCH OF O.L. OF CONSOLATION (Santona Daini Mata Girja), Haldia
Srikrishnapur, Haldia, Dist; Midnapore- 721635
Fr. E. Gales S.J., who was the Headmaster at St. Xavier’s School Haldia after his his retirement from School, returned to Luxemburg and collected money for a Church at Haldia. The funds collected by him were utilsed to purchase a plot of land and a church was built at Srikrishnapur. The Church was blessed and inaugurated by Archbishop Henry D’Souza on 20th January 1998.
St. Anne of Chennal, Geonkhali. (03224) 249577
ST. ANTHONY’S CHURCH, Kharagpur
Temple Road, Kharagpur, S.E Rly – 721 301
Fr. C. Limbourg, SJ. Arrived in Sacred Heart Church, Kharagpur on 24th December 1924. On 8th January 1925, he aobtained permission from the Archbishop and from his superior, to start a school for Indian Christians. And in 1926, he began the work of building St. Anthony’s Church. Most of the finance was given by his sister. St. Anthony’s was erected a parish in 1951 and Fr. Bonaventure D’ Souza was appointed the first Parish Priest. Jhargram was attached to the parish in 1970 when Fr. Thomas Gomes was parish priest. St. Joseph’s School was affliated to ICSE Board on 19th Sept 2000.
Servite Convent, Malancha, Kharagpur-721304 03222 253766
M.C. Sisters, Marialaya, Malancha,Kharagpur-712304, 03222 253978
Sisters of St. Anne, Balichak 03222 244510
St. Joseph’s School, Temple Rd. Kharagpur-721301 03222 250211
Christopher’s Day School, Malancha, Kharagpur 721304 03222 253757
S.V.P. Parish Council, Vailankanni Society, Legion of Mary, Altar boys’Sodality.
Servite Dispensary, Nirmal Hriday Ashram, Home for the dying destitues, Mother& Child Health.
ST. FRANCIS XAVIER’S CHURCH, Salboni
Salboni, P.O. Junbolda, Midnapore-721133
The parish of Kamarchowki developed considerably and a new mission station with a priest in charge was considered useful, salboni was chosen and Fr. Michael Adesar decided to reside there from June 2000. The Sisters of Divine Saviour started to stay at Bezda from 2004.
Sisters of Divine Saviour, Bezda 03222 258231 .
ST. PETER’S CHURCH, Haldia.
C/o St. Xavier’s School, Haldia Township
Since 1967 when the work in Haldia Port, the Oil Refinery and the Fertilizer Plant got underway, a Christian presence got gradually perceptible in the Haldia area. In January 1971 St. Xavier’s School managed by the Society’s of Jesus and sponsored by the IOC was opened. The Fathers of St. Xavier’s school look after the spiritual and pastoral needs of the local Catholic population.
Haldia St. Xavier’s Jesuit Community. Srs. Of St. Anne’s of Chennai, Haldia Township 03224- 265168
St. Xavier’s High School, Haldia- 72107 03224-263251
St. Xavier’s Primary School, CPT Unit, Haldia- 721607 03224-263362
St. Xavier’s Primary School, IOC Unit, Haldia721607 03224- 263440
St. Xavier’s Primary School, HFC Unit,Haldia-721607 03224-263103
St. Xavier’s Higher Secondary School, Haldia- 721607 03224- 263274
CATHOLIC CHURCH, Rangamatia
Rangamatia, P.O. Barida, via Kultikri, Midnapore- 721 135
CATHOLIC CHURCH, Silda
Silda, P.O. Midnapore, Dt. W.B. 721515
Looked after by the Cleritian Fathers from Sahari.
Claret Ashram, Sahari P.O. Midnapore- 721515
Boarding for Boys, Sahari P.O. Via Silda, Midnapore- 721515.